Sunday, 5 February 2017

PG Unicorn & Banshee WIP

Finally, I have the courage to open a box of PG and work on it. I been wanting to work on one since 2013 or 2014 but haven't have the right state of mind to work on it.

June 2016, I wanted a break from working on Neo Zeong project and decided to make use of Tetsujin 2017 competition to build a PG. My objective was just to build a PG and not go extreme with customization. 



I decided to build both Unicorn and Banshee simply because I know I will never build any PG any time soon. 


Without wasting any time, I started working with the end in mind once I snap fit my kit. 




  







Wanting to keep it simple and not doing any huge customization allow me to focus on scribing and pla-plating details. 


I was working on the dio concurrently with my gundam until there was a change in dimension. 
From 50cm x 50cm x 50cm to 40cm x 40cm x 50cm. 
My length was affected as I have to cut out 10cm and cramp 2 pg closer together.
The composition doesn't appeal to me and thus a change of posing is required.



At this point of time, I am still facing a problem with dio. Although my length is within 40cm, the dio look bad, and I was facing heigth issue.


I went with my gut feel and started to break it down further.
Ultimately, I feel it a blessing in disguise for the change in dimension as now I actually this base than the original one.



All those live feed on Facebook helps me stay focus on some of the most boring and tedious part of this hobby... masking... I actually use up 2 rolls of tamiya masking tape... T_T





The painful masking pay off at the end of the day. 
Assembly the kit took me about another 5 days before I am able to do a photoshoot.


The moment I complete the shoot of the gundam, I quickly took my base out and assemble them together. 



I am really excited to check out the entries for Tetsujin and I believe it is going to be a great event. Can't wait to see Eday, Joshua and many other great modeller. 

No comments:

Post a Comment